Please wait while the video is loading. If no video appears, be sure you have the latest Flash plug-in installed.
- Schools need to make BYOD work and prepare their networks for student-owned devices.
- Schools should avoid putting barriers between students and the web.
- A methodology needs to be put in place to measure the learning that is taking place as a result of students having full-time access to the device.
- Mark Washington, director of technology and media services for the Port Huron Area School District, Mich.;
- David Warlick, 2¢ Worth writer and speaker;
- Karen Cator, director of the Office of Educational Technology for the Dept. of Education;
- Henry C. Thiele, chief technology officer for Maine Township High School;
- Cameron Evans, national technology officer for Microsoft Education;
- Brian Hackett, instructional technology at Prince William County Schools, Va.
For more on ISTE 2012, visit our ISTE 2012 Conference page.