We’ve already discussed the incredible impact of the Internet on higher education, but this infographic takes it to another level. Online Colleges has taken a look at not just the Internet but all technology that colleges students are using. They have broken this infographic into six sections to make it more digestible:
- Preferred Learning Environment: How is technology changing the ways students want to learn?
- Most Important Software and Applications: Word processing still leads the way as the most popular software application, but increasingly technology is turning students to wikis and forums for activities such as research.
- How Often Technology Is Used: Is technology underutilized at colleges?
- Internet Access: Almost everyone has access at this point, but speed and the type of connection are becoming more important for students.
- The Most Important Sites: Google and Facebook lead the way for students, but what other site are students engaging with?
- The Use of Social Networking for Education Purposes: How do students communicate with their professors?
Dive into the data with this great infographic from Online Colleges.
This infographic originally appeared on Online Colleges.